The transport sector is a heavy consumer of fossil fuels, and is today responsible for more than a quarter of global CO2 emissions. The development of more environmentally-friendly electric and hybrid vehicles is therefore one of the main areas of activity helping a successful energy transition.
Description du projet
The project aims to reduce the energy consumption and environmental impact of the transport sector through the introduction of electric / hybrid vehicles in the national vehicle fleet.
The different stages of the programme consist of:
- Testing electric / hybrid vehicles in the national transport fleet (public and private);
- Setting up the necessary recharging infrastructure;
- Training stakeholders on the technical details of electric / hybrid vehicles and charging stations;
- Establishing the appropriate regulatory and fiscal frameworks for creating a favourable environment for the take up of electric vehicles;
- Developing a strategy for the development of electric vehicles in Tunisia.
- Ministry of Transport;
- Ministry of Industry and SMEs;
- Ministry of Local Affairs and the Environment;
- Ministry of Finance;
- Department of Trade – Ministère du Commerce;
- STEG (Société Tunisienne de l'Électricité et du Gaz) – Tunisian Electricity and Gas Company;
- Tunisian Customs;
- Technical Agency for Terrestrial Transport – Agence Technique de Transport Terrestre.